Thursday, September 11, 2014

Empties: Hada Labo Shirojyun Lotion Review

Today, I am going to do a review of the Hada Labo Shirojyun Lotion since I finally finished the bottle! I bought it in November of 2013 so this 5.7 fl oz bottle lasted me a good nine months. Hada Labo has three main ranges: its moisturizing products, brightening products, and anti-aging products. The Shirojyun lotion is part of the brightening line, and it has the ingredient Arbutin, known for lightening or whitening skin. 

I initially picked this item because I wanted to fix my uneven skin tone filled with hyper-pigmentation. Within a few months, my boyfriend noticed that my dark spots from acne had faded a lot.  To rule out other factors, I did not use any retinol products or other brightening products- just mainly moisturizing products. Of course, time played huge impact in the fading of my hyper-pigmentation but I feel like the Shirojyun lotion may have sped the process up a bit. About a year later, my face is almost clear of all hyperpigmentation! It has come a long way since my skin has always healed very slowly. Nonetheless, I think there are other products that are more effective at fading hyperpigmentation than the Shirojyun lotion, such as retinol.

The Shirojyun lotion is of a liquid consistency that feels nothing like Western lotions. When I poured or shook the product into my palm, it looked like cloudy water. And unlike the Gokujyun lotion which I also have, the texture was not sticky. What I did was pour a few drops in my hand, rub my hands together to warm up the product, and pat it on my face. I did this right after cleansing my face. 

Although the Shirojyun lotion has hyaluronic acid like all Hada Labo products do, it was not moisturizing at all. Granted, I never used this lotion alone, but I wished it provided more moisture to my skin. There are plenty of products that have multi-functions that include brightening and moisturizing. 

I would also like to note that this product never irritated my skin or broke me out. So overall, this was a basic product that fit well into my skincare routine, but I am ready to try other products. For that reason, I would not repurchase.

Bye bye Hada Labo Shirojyun Lotion~

No comments:

Post a Comment